• Breaking News

    Friday, November 5, 2021

    Red Dead Redemption I think I finally figured the Weight System in Story Mode.

    Red Dead Redemption I think I finally figured the Weight System in Story Mode.


    I think I finally figured the Weight System in Story Mode.

    Posted: 05 Nov 2021 07:59 AM PDT

    After consulting the official guide and going through some trial and error, I think I've found out just how much you have to eat to keep Arthur at perfect weight, or just slightly above average (which doesn't change how he looks).

    The official guide states that weight is measured from 0 to 20: zero = skinny, twenty = overweight. This way, Arthur is at peak condition and perfect weight when this value is at 10.

    If you consult the guide, you'll see that it also states that you naturally lose 1 weight point every 24 in-game minutes, but this is incorrect, because 24 in-game minutes equals just 48 seconds in real life. Actually, you lose 1 weight point every 24 in-game HOURS.

    This brings me to the next point, which is the fact that every consumable in the game, like food, drinks, tonics, herbs, etc, all have a caloric value, which ranges from 1 to 10. You can find a table with the caloric value of every consumable in the official guide.

    So, after doing some experiments for a couple of hours, I realized that in order to gain 1 weight point, you have to eat at least 10 in-game calories. For example, Salted Beef has a caloric value of 3, so if you eat 3 of those and a carrot (which has a caloric value of 1), you'll have eaten enough to compensate for the 1 weight point that you'll naturally lose at each passing day, this way you can manage to keep a perfect weight pretty much all the time. Eat double of that and you'll also gain another weight point, keeping you slightly above average.

    Be aware that the effects of weight gain or loss only happen after a screen fade, which occurs when you sleep, fast travel, finish certain missions, etc. My advice is to always eat those 10 calories and then sleep right after.

    If you want to have Arthur at perfect weight without worrying too much abour how much to eat or sleep, try eating something every time you notice that your cores are starting to decrease. Be aware that this isn't as effective as the first option, because you might already be underweight and the amount of daily calories might not always reach 10 based on what you eat. A screen fade might also not happen in the time needed for those calories to take effect on your weight.

    PS: Check the Damage Taken stats on Player > Arthur > General. It goes up or down by 0.75% with every weight point you gain or lose. For example, currently my arthur has a Damage Taken stat of -2.25%, which means that I currently have 13 weight points, 3 more than the 10 for perfect weight.

    submitted by /u/Kls7
    [link] [comments]

    Was the train bomb malfunction Bills fault or Arthur’s fault?

    Posted: 05 Nov 2021 02:55 AM PDT

    In my opinion, I think Arthur was the one who didn't hook up the wire correctly. Bill seems to be an expert in dynamite, and he was just setting it up when Arthur came over to offer help.

    Whereas Arthur seems a little more unsure about how to hook the wire to the explosive, he even says to Lenny "well, I hooked up the wire but we won't mention that!" And Arthur deflects the blame onto Bill because he's always the one that gets things wrong.

    It's a small thing, I just want to see who YOU think it was that made the bomb not work.

    submitted by /u/NightwingRock
    [link] [comments]

    Oooo look at this original and totally not a copy of a game

    Posted: 05 Nov 2021 06:28 AM PDT

    Just doing my part to resist the eugenics movement, 1899

    Posted: 05 Nov 2021 04:52 AM PDT

    That's my Johnny M look. Rate it.

    Posted: 05 Nov 2021 08:12 AM PDT

    I'm so sick of this shit always popping up in my feed I've never even clicked your articles before..

    Posted: 05 Nov 2021 11:15 AM PDT

    Red Dead Movie. Who should play Morgan and Marston?

    Posted: 04 Nov 2021 08:22 PM PDT

    Didn’t think I would find npc’s who can’t jump in rdr2

    Posted: 04 Nov 2021 11:39 PM PDT

    Was I the only one who couldn't process certain deaths in rdr2?

    Posted: 05 Nov 2021 07:16 AM PDT

    Like lenny's death happened so fast that I only processed he was dead when we were on the boat to guarma. Same with poor sean he was my second favorite and then I saw him get his brains blown out, I only realized midway through the fight. I would love to hear your reactions to characters deaths!

    submitted by /u/Thepersonguy81
    [link] [comments]

    I’m sick of spoilers on this sub

    Posted: 05 Nov 2021 12:31 PM PDT

    Someone spoiled for me that Dutch is secretly Batman and I'm pissed.

    submitted by /u/PhummyLW
    [link] [comments]

    Improved brawling animations in the game.

    Posted: 05 Nov 2021 01:52 PM PDT

    It’s not the best one I’ve seen. But I’m really proud of my pirate Arthur.

    Posted: 05 Nov 2021 06:00 AM PDT

    I think this is a bug. There is tons of golden bear pelts spawning by themselves, 50 dollar for one. Is this normal?

    Posted: 04 Nov 2021 11:26 PM PDT

    Don’t seem so, Uncle

    Posted: 05 Nov 2021 12:43 PM PDT

    Caption this

    Posted: 05 Nov 2021 09:39 AM PDT

    Which one of you is this?

    Posted: 05 Nov 2021 12:27 PM PDT

    NOOOOOOOO

    Posted: 05 Nov 2021 12:51 PM PDT

    Saint Denis from the other side of the Lannahechee River

    Posted: 05 Nov 2021 09:19 AM PDT

    A digital painting I did of Charles. Not my best work but I’m happy with it. :)

    Posted: 05 Nov 2021 12:30 PM PDT

    I’ll have… Lamb’s Fry

    Posted: 05 Nov 2021 08:59 AM PDT

    That's it that's the post

    submitted by /u/pigzizpigz
    [link] [comments]

    My favorite photo mode screenshot

    Posted: 05 Nov 2021 08:19 AM PDT

    Rank 80 vs rank 250

    Posted: 05 Nov 2021 01:07 PM PDT

    This is arthur, he's so cool

    Posted: 05 Nov 2021 10:33 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment