• Breaking News

    Monday, February 1, 2021

    Red Dead Redemption /r/RedDeadRedemption's Best of 2020 Winners (and 2019, too)!

    Red Dead Redemption /r/RedDeadRedemption's Best of 2020 Winners (and 2019, too)!


    /r/RedDeadRedemption's Best of 2020 Winners (and 2019, too)!

    Posted: 31 Jan 2021 07:31 PM PST

    Thank you to everyone who nominated and/or voted in our Best of Contests! After tallying votes and making some adjustments (like switching categories, where applicable), the winners have been selected! There were so many great posts this year, I wish we could revisit them all.

    As we look back at 2020 (and 2019), we also look forward to another great year here at /r/RedDeadRedemption. Happy 2021, everyone!


    Outstanding Meme/Humor (2020)

    - I'm gonna tell my kids this is Micah Bell by /u/kokopelli687

    - You like jellybeans by /u/Anthony-kurt

    - What a time to be alive by /u/GhostMic30


    Outstanding Gameplay (2020)

    - I just unintentionally punched Micah in the face by /u/koenpal

    - Arthur is very determined to end the conflict with the law peacefully, at the Braithwaite. Still haven't reached the rope limit lol. by /u/thefunkybassist

    - WHY HAVEN'T I SEEN THIS BEFORE I'M LAUGHING SO HARD by /u/RealAlexCaruso


    Outstanding Informative/PSA (2020)

    - Studied the Hill Haven ranchers for a few hours and what I found out was amazing! by /u/MSlingerW

    - How many of you RDR fans are real cowboys? I've been a professional horse trainer and bull rider for 19 years and have road, broke and trained about all the breeds the game has to offer! The only one I haven't been on is a Turk. Here are a few pics to prove it! by /u/Hooeson

    - If you HATE fishing like me. Read this. This dude is the real MVP!!! by /u/nancyfring12


    Outstanding Art/Creative (2020)

    - As a lockdown project, I've been working on a set of cigarette cards for the Van der Linde Gang by /u/getawaytricycle

    - I just finished an oil painting of what I think is one of the most memorable moments in gaming. Assault on Braithwaite Manor. by /u/Mighty6Tighty6Whitey

    - I kidnapped every sheriff and dueled them at scenic spots - here's Sheriff Malloy by /u/weinablepeen


    Outstanding Miscellaneous (2020)

    - A while back I mentioned I bought the game for my Dad. It's now all he plays. Got him a cameo from Roger. He doesn't realize its actually him until my Mom tells him. He then watches again knowing. I will cherish this video forever. by /u/kleverone

    - Using a tilt-shift effect, I've turned New Hanover into a miniature/sims looking world by /u/RDOGuides

    - It's a little rough, but I was trying something new. by /u/lukesmart10


    Mods' Choice (2020)

    - At 75, my mother decided to play through "Red Dead Redemption 2" and I am so pleased to share her essay about the experience with all of you. Please enjoy: "Unsung heroes: Reconceptualizing a video game as a work of art." by Jessica Hoffmann Davis, EdD **SPOILER ALERT** by /u/benjaminbyrondavis

    • An absolute must-read. An all-time best /r/RedDeadRedemption post submitted by the one and only Benjamin Byron Davis, the actor behind Dutch van der Linde.

    - Cowboah Lasso Shot by /u/Capt_Galahad

    - Red Dead`s beautiful landscape (made out of 152 4k pictures) by /u/-Grognak-

    • An amazing screenshot showing off one of video games' most beautiful maps in stunning detail. Bravo -Grognak- for piecing all 152 images together!

    - The Gangs All Here [OC] by /u/AntoineSaintJust

    • An adorable depiction of the gang in camp, drawn for a birthday cake but perfect for a wallpaper (or anything, really!)

    - When nature gets close to ingame graphics :) by /u/PiXel_it_custom

    • An incredible custom-built Wheeler, Rawson and Co. wooden PC case. I am truly jealous of that craftsmanship.

    - I'd also like to take just a moment to show some appreciation for Noshir Dalal (/u/noshirdalal), the actor behind Charles Smith, who continues to participate in this community (and many others on Reddit), which is just so cool. Thank you for spending some of your time with us!


    And now, looking back at 2019, a year late. Entirely my fault and I apologize for the delay.


    2019's MUST-READ AMA

    In 2019 we hosted Benjamin Byron Davis for an AMA and it was AWESOME! If you missed it, go check it out!

    - I am Benjamin Byron Davis the actor who plays Dutch van der Linde in Rockstar Games' Red Dead Redemption series - Happy Labor Day everyone - go ahead and Ask Me Anything… by /u/benjaminbyrondavis


    Outstanding Meme/Humor (2019)

    - deluxe bath machine 🅱️roke again by /u/MC_Sandman

    • OP deleted their account, so no award will be given to this post and a third winner will be selected for this category

    - [Spoiler] Uncle can't do anything right by /u/hypnoticzombie

    - A man attempts to carry his bowl of stew from Valentine to Saint Denis. Will he make it? Or will an unamused God punish him for his hubris? by /u/RJskillz92


    Outstanding Gameplay (2019)

    - I learned Jedi moves! (just had to have some goddamn faith) by /u/lumbagoisdeadly


    Outstanding Informative/PSA (2019)

    - Thanks to the new PC players there are a lot of people asking for tips. Here is my spoiler free Strategy Guide for Story Mode. by /u/Dark_Gnosis


    Top Posts of 2019

    - Happy New Year Outlaws! by /u/Zoobz_

    - What's the hold up? by /u/Bilbo_Saggins01

    - When you've killed 2 legendary animals but only have 1 horse by /u/inzaynguy

    - As a black man, there are fewer moments in video games that have brought me more joy than drowning this klansmen. by /u/sanmateyo

    - Help! by /u/Shugazi

    - Decided to try and paint my Arthur in oil. by /u/Comalock

    - As a Native American, Rains Fall seemed odd to me and I couldn't place why. I figured it out, and it's because he has eyebrows. In the 19th century, my people, the Lakota, of whom Rains Fall belongs, did not have eyebrows, as facial hair was seen as ugly and unmasculine, and was plucked regularly. by /u/Nyskit

    - Red Dead Redemption 2 Coming to PC November 5th by /u/OcelotWolf (not gonna award myself, that's silly)

    - LMAO....worst death ever in RDR 2 ? by /u/mohammed070_

    - I picked up some random woman near Lagras and couldn't help but notice the cadence in her voice. After tossing in a hip hop beat, this lady spits bars. by /u/jvoegelin23

    - Arthur Morgan in a nutshell: by /u/jendestiny114

    - Arthur pupils comparison in two differents hours of the day. by /u/Pyhsix

    - Today, I inherited this Winchester (Lancaster) from my grandpa, who got it from his grandpa. It was made in 1899 and I couldn't help but think of this sub! by /u/UnwearableCactus

    - I rode a handcart over the bridge to nowhere by /u/MyNameIsNotRRICK

    submitted by /u/OcelotWolf
    [link] [comments]

    /r/RedDeadRedemption Weekly Question & Answer Thread - Week 05, 2021

    Posted: 01 Feb 2021 06:00 AM PST

    All common questions about the game should be directed here. This includes both single-player and online questions. When asking a question, it is often beneficial to share which mode you are referring to in order to get an accurate response. Also consider sharing any relevant information that may help someone answer your question.

    All story spoilers must be displayed with the proper format:

    >!RDR is a great game!<

    gives you:

    RDR is a great game

    If you're not sure if you should use a spoiler tag or not, err on the side of caution and use one. Also, it's a nice gesture to visibly indicate the general nature of your spoiler before the tag, so people know what you're spoiling.


    Submit Red Dead Online feedback here

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    I combined rd1 and rd2 Dutch

    Posted: 01 Feb 2021 05:26 AM PST

    We all hate this guy but can we just appreciate how genius Rockstar is by creating such a amazing villain that we all hate ( Picture is not mine)

    Posted: 01 Feb 2021 05:06 AM PST

    Nostalgia

    Posted: 01 Feb 2021 07:16 AM PST

    I was trying to take a dramatic picture of my horse spooking at a snake, got this instead

    Posted: 01 Feb 2021 03:03 AM PST

    It’s...art

    Posted: 01 Feb 2021 10:13 AM PST

    When the RDR2 soundtrack kicks in

    Posted: 01 Feb 2021 04:55 AM PST

    One of my favorite screenshot I took for John Marston

    Posted: 01 Feb 2021 09:04 AM PST

    2 bros hiding in a graveyard five feet apart cause they’re not gay

    Posted: 01 Feb 2021 07:50 AM PST

    Elegant Suit - From 1907 to 1911

    Posted: 31 Jan 2021 11:40 PM PST

    I hate when this happens

    Posted: 01 Feb 2021 01:53 PM PST

    "We lure an angry Dutch in to rescue ya..."

    Posted: 01 Feb 2021 11:45 AM PST

    Arguably the bravest Arabian in the game

    Posted: 01 Feb 2021 09:43 AM PST

    My personal reaction to hearing about Dutch's plan for the 4278th time

    Posted: 01 Feb 2021 04:52 AM PST

    1 shot 2 kills . Sorry for the bad quality

    Posted: 01 Feb 2021 04:36 AM PST

    It's over, Vampire. I have the high ground

    Posted: 01 Feb 2021 12:53 PM PST

    My Sheriff Woody outfit. He's the rootinest, tootinest, cowboy in the wild, wild west!

    Posted: 01 Feb 2021 01:04 PM PST

    Never waste your 50 cents ever again if you find yourself in Saint Denis, there is infinite beer in this spot (where my arrow is)

    Posted: 01 Feb 2021 10:09 AM PST

    Roaming the heartlands isn’t for her, she’d rather be climbing in the trees

    Posted: 01 Feb 2021 10:47 AM PST

    "I'm a firestarter, twisted firestarter"

    Posted: 01 Feb 2021 12:34 PM PST

    Somehow just skinned the water

    Posted: 01 Feb 2021 02:02 PM PST

    When Rockstar said they intended the game to look like a painting, they weren’t lying.

    Posted: 01 Feb 2021 05:08 AM PST

    Found a guy sketching a beatufi girl in Saint Denis ghetto

    Posted: 01 Feb 2021 12:30 PM PST

    I found this fun little interaction between Arthur and Lenny

    Posted: 01 Feb 2021 11:55 AM PST

    When you know some stuff's about to go down, just from the mission thumbnail

    Posted: 01 Feb 2021 01:24 PM PST

    It‘s Meme Monday ladies and gentlemen

    Posted: 01 Feb 2021 10:24 AM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment