• Breaking News

    Monday, August 17, 2020

    Red Dead Redemption Daily Question & Answer Thread - August 17, 2020

    Red Dead Redemption Daily Question & Answer Thread - August 17, 2020


    Daily Question & Answer Thread - August 17, 2020

    Posted: 17 Aug 2020 10:09 AM PDT

    All common questions about the game should be directed here. This includes both single-player and online questions. When asking a question, it is often beneficial to share which mode you are referring to in order to get an accurate response. Also consider sharing any relevant information that may help someone answer your question.

    All story spoilers must be displayed with the proper format:

    >!RDR is a great game!<

    gives you:

    RDR is a great game

    If you're not sure if you should use a spoiler tag or not, err on the side of caution and use one. Also, it's a nice gesture to visibly indicate the general nature of your spoiler before the tag, so people know what you're spoiling.


    Submit Red Dead Online feedback here

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    It is Monday, so I have returned with my maymay

    Posted: 17 Aug 2020 10:06 AM PDT

    Fight or flight

    Posted: 17 Aug 2020 08:39 AM PDT

    You’re my brother

    Posted: 16 Aug 2020 09:40 PM PDT

    My mom when I forget to defrost the chicken

    Posted: 17 Aug 2020 06:00 AM PDT

    Okay folks, Rockstar fixed the issues with Red Dead Online. You know what to do...

    Posted: 17 Aug 2020 10:03 AM PDT

    Karma

    Posted: 17 Aug 2020 03:13 AM PDT

    Just saw this while exploring Rhodes, don't know if it's new but I do feel kinda sad

    Posted: 17 Aug 2020 12:22 PM PDT

    Rockstar plz

    Posted: 17 Aug 2020 03:01 PM PDT

    My dad died 3 month's ago... i never played rdr because of my graphic card but i listen all the soundtracks and this lyrics are the best for the tombstone . It was a man who struggled all the life to make better... now it's time to rest.

    Posted: 16 Aug 2020 11:12 PM PDT

    idk never played the game

    Posted: 17 Aug 2020 01:43 AM PDT

    Anyone else?

    Posted: 17 Aug 2020 10:04 AM PDT

    I found the californian horned owl!!

    Posted: 17 Aug 2020 09:15 AM PDT

    Vogue Marston

    Posted: 17 Aug 2020 11:58 AM PDT

    "Days with Frog and Toad" children's book by Arnold Lobel

    Posted: 17 Aug 2020 01:31 PM PDT

    Long beards are the best

    Posted: 17 Aug 2020 04:38 AM PDT

    Quick John and Arthur sketch

    Posted: 17 Aug 2020 05:45 AM PDT

    First post here

    Posted: 17 Aug 2020 10:23 AM PDT

    UPDATE 7: The Annesburg Cola Mine is now finished after ~70 hours!!!! For some reason streaming doesn't work but I made a YouTube Video with a timelapse. Links for the video and more pictures are in the comments.

    Posted: 17 Aug 2020 03:24 PM PDT

    There’s nothing I like more than petting dogs

    Posted: 17 Aug 2020 01:44 PM PDT

    Nobody dies, Dutch doesn’t trust Micah, and the gang doesn’t disband and settles west

    Posted: 17 Aug 2020 11:06 AM PDT

    Well the lamp is no longer floating

    Posted: 17 Aug 2020 09:36 AM PDT

    Jhon marstons greatest downfall

    Posted: 17 Aug 2020 03:40 PM PDT

    Really fond of this screenshot I took!

    Posted: 17 Aug 2020 01:57 PM PDT

    I made a hat, and it took me on an intensely bittersweet emotional journey

    Posted: 17 Aug 2020 09:11 AM PDT

    I made a hat, and it took me on an intensely bittersweet emotional journey

    I made a hat. Initially it was simply something fun for me to do inspired by a game I loved, but it became much more.

    I have experienced a lot of loss since last November. My workplace was burned down in an arson, about a month later almost everything I owned was stolen, including eight years worth of costuming I had built over nearly half my life. I spiraled into the deepest depression I had ever felt. Then covid hit, then I went through some intense family drama, then I had to give up one of my animals because I could no longer care for him. at this point I was intensely depressed, I was living in a home with people I no longer trusted. I hadn't touched another human being in over five months. I couldn't find happiness in anything at all. I was lost in a spiral of sadness and nihilism, I stopped caring, or perhaps i just stopped being ABLE to care about anything. Desperate to have anything at all to distract me, I decided to give rdr2 a chance. After all, I am a Texan and therefore I am genetically predisposed to enjoying westerns.

    And beyond my expectations, I DID enjoy it. I loved it! I spent days, entire real-time days just exploring. I found peace in traversing the quiet and unpopulated places of the map. Never once in my 100+ hours of gameplay did I fast travel, I simply wanted to experience taking a journey with nothing but me and my beloved horse, Lightning. (While I was taming her in the wild I nearly got hit with a bolt of lightning, hence the name)

    I reveled in the feeling of finally finding something I loved in this time. Games in the past have been so incredibly important to me, and as silly as it may sound, I would not be who i am today without them. So i was so overjoyed to feel the love for a story again. And I was even happier when I realized it had inspired me to want to create again, a feeling I had not had since before the fire, nearly ten months ago.

    So immediately I acted on the desire, fearing it might pass. I went and spent an embarrassing amount of money on supplies since many of my leatherworking tools had been stolen, and got to work first thing the next morning.

    A few hours into work, I received a call that a dear friend of mine had taken her life. I was devastated. For a moment I was paralyzed with indecision. What do I do now? How can I react to this without just absolutely losing it? So, in between calling and talking to other friends I just...kept working on my hat. I worked until 2am, keeping my hands busy so my brain had time to itself. I grieved as I worked. I am still grieving.

    This hat means more to me now than finding joy in a dark time. Now it is a tribute to my friend, a representation of all the things I loved about her. She was so beautifully creative and fun to be around. She had a fantastic sense of humor and was always making me laugh. She was smart and a wonderful friend. She was so loved and I will forever be honored to have known her.

    I wanted to share this story because I also want to share some advice that I hope will be helpful for someone. Loss, to me, feels like an open wound. And when you experience a string of loss, it feels like no healing at all has occurred. Though one cut may be scabbed over, and one may even be just a scar now, all you feel is the new, fresh hurt. But please remember, you HAVE healed before and you CAN do it again. And you don't have to do it alone if you can't. Asking for help is not weakness, it is LOVE. And I guarantee someone loves you, and wants to help you heal.

    So please, find your own hat to make. It may be a literal act of creation, like mine was, or maybe you just need to let go of your burden for a moment and allow yourself to rest.Allow yourself to feel happiness, and feel it deeply. Make a hat. Play a game. Read a book. And enjoy it! Tell the world in some small way that you will continue to exist, and you will find joy to continue living for, no matter how small.

    https://preview.redd.it/sgj8zima0lh51.jpg?width=1440&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=0dbea5ba4b34a3861a7fa3cac9b2db487f184f19

    submitted by /u/Necromorter
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment