• Breaking News

    Friday, November 20, 2020

    Red Dead Redemption Daily Question & Answer Thread - November 20, 2020

    Red Dead Redemption Daily Question & Answer Thread - November 20, 2020


    Daily Question & Answer Thread - November 20, 2020

    Posted: 20 Nov 2020 09:08 AM PST

    All common questions about the game should be directed here. This includes both single-player and online questions. When asking a question, it is often beneficial to share which mode you are referring to in order to get an accurate response. Also consider sharing any relevant information that may help someone answer your question.

    All story spoilers must be displayed with the proper format:

    >!RDR is a great game!<

    gives you:

    RDR is a great game

    If you're not sure if you should use a spoiler tag or not, err on the side of caution and use one. Also, it's a nice gesture to visibly indicate the general nature of your spoiler before the tag, so people know what you're spoiling.


    Submit Red Dead Online feedback here

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    my boyfriend and I played a lot of RD at the beginning of our relationship so I drew him our Artie for his birthday

    Posted: 20 Nov 2020 03:42 AM PST

    I just planned out a train robbery on paper with the map. I’m really feeling like an outlaw now. I’m gonna use the compass and physical map to make it all the more immersive. *sigh* I have too much free time

    Posted: 20 Nov 2020 07:37 AM PST

    My horse is a meme

    Posted: 20 Nov 2020 10:29 AM PST

    Over two years later and I still can’t get over this game’s beauty.

    Posted: 20 Nov 2020 08:44 AM PST

    Super cowboy bros

    Posted: 20 Nov 2020 07:54 AM PST

    My new phone case just arrived... thought you guys might appreciate it!!

    Posted: 20 Nov 2020 07:03 AM PST

    Tried to draw the Whiskey Tree in RDR2 out of my head. How did it turn out?

    Posted: 20 Nov 2020 02:42 PM PST

    you’re a wanted man, mr. morgan

    Posted: 19 Nov 2020 08:38 PM PST

    “And that’s the life I left” - John Marston

    Posted: 20 Nov 2020 11:15 AM PST

    I don't even know what happened

    Posted: 20 Nov 2020 01:36 PM PST

    I love camping/roaming in this game.

    Posted: 20 Nov 2020 01:47 PM PST

    For the past few days I haven't been doing the main missions; I've been roaming around the map, and camping in scenic spots and I've found it a lot of fun: Hunting/fishing for food every day, stopping in towns to stock up on coffee, bait and picking up a newspaper if one is available, fending off the odd enemy, watching Arthur's hair and beard grow and maybe sleeping in the occasional abandoned house aswell as coming across the odd hidden location.

    I don't gallop to the next campsite I'm going to but just trot there, listening to Arthur sing to himself.

    There's something so relaxing about fishing whilst your horse is grazing in the background, with your tent set up and the beauty of unspoilt nature around you. Or reading something in the tent whilst the campfire is crackling. Or gazing up at the night sky with the visible galaxies and star clusters. Really living out in the American frontier. Maybe I'm getting too involved with the game but it's really soothing for a person like me.

    Just nobody around, enjoying a simple life.

    submitted by /u/Opprxssive
    [link] [comments]

    Just Walk It Off

    Posted: 20 Nov 2020 05:17 AM PST

    general store in Valentine at night looks like a scene straight out of a horror game. i like it

    Posted: 20 Nov 2020 10:03 AM PST

    Oil Derrick

    Posted: 20 Nov 2020 10:59 AM PST

    RDR2 (mypixelart)

    Posted: 20 Nov 2020 03:17 PM PST

    RDR2 first playthrough - chapter 4 - how do I stop Micah from practicing onanism so we can rob a coach

    Posted: 20 Nov 2020 06:47 AM PST

    Oh god!....best news of this stupid 2020!

    Posted: 20 Nov 2020 02:20 PM PST

    [Spoilers] So I finally finished Red Dead Redemption 2 and I gotta say; I enjoyed the shit out of this game.

    Posted: 20 Nov 2020 11:41 AM PST

    I started playing this game sometime last June or July and got about 18 hours in and then gave up on it. Even though I was really enjoying the story; it was moving too slow for me, and the gameplay grated on my nerves.

    About two months ago, I decided to pick it back up again. I downloaded it and launched my save, but when I started playing, I had no idea what was going on or even how to play anymore. So I decided to start over.

    I still struggled with the slower pace of the game. The cutscenes were long, and even though I enjoyed the character interactions, the gameplay—specifically when dealing with looting and such—was irritating because of the slower animations, and the fact that the game actively punishes you for being a prick. (I was playing as a bloodthirsty monster who killed everyone I came across)

    So at some point, right around the time you finish things around Valentine, I decided to just slow down. Just relax and enjoy the scenery and story.

    And that's when this game clicked for me.

    I'm so used to playing games where you constantly have stuff trying to grab your attention, and there's constantly things going on. So in this game, when things aren't happening constantly, it gets kind of boring.

    But when I slowed down and tried change my mindset, this game really showed it's strengths. The point of the game isn't to run around doing whatever you want, killing innocent people and robbing everyone you see (though you can). The point is to immerse yourself in the characters and their story.

    I decided to really put myself in Arthur's shoes and experience the world as he did. I started doing everything at a slower pace. I started actively trying to be the "good guy", and helped people I came across instead of killing them immediately. It became obsessive to the point that I was more concerned about being a good person than helping the gang.

    When I did this, I started to appreciate the all the things that annoyed me before. I really felt like I was the one going through this story; like I was Arthur. Where most games it feels like you're just an observer.

    And I gotta say, this game blew my mind. The story had me sucked in all the way through. It was surprisingly emotional to me.

    One scene that comes to mind specifically is one of the missions with Mary. You go to try and help her father, and then afterwards go to the theater. This mission in particular stands out to me for a couple reasons. It really showed the emotional stakes to the story.

    Arthur's farewell to Mary where he actually considers leaving with her was much more emotional than I expected.

    The other thing it showed was the amount of effort the development team put into every facet of the game. The theater had actual acts that you could sit and watch that legitimately entertained me. Most other games I've played would have just had a cutscene of them walking in and then back out; but Rockstar actually voiced and animated it all.

    The other thing that I loved about this story was the gradual shift in dynamic between Arthur and Dutch. And after Arthur's diagnosis, his entire outlook on everything changes. It was a beautiful change of character that made sense in the context of the story.

    The whole final act with Arthur doing his best to get John and Abigail out of harm's way is very very well done. The very end of that where Arthur gives John his money and satchel and stays behind to cover his escape was excellent as well.

    After Arthur's death, where you're playing as John working as a farm hand and buying his own property was very cool to me. I know a lot of people probably didn't like it much, but it really did a good job of putting you in John's shoes. He's moving away from a very exciting life to something more tame and "boring". When he decides to go find Micah, Abigail's pleading with him not to go really works for me.

    Anyway, this whole game is just a work of art and I was blown away by how much I enjoyed it. I haven't played the first one, but I'm on PC and don't want to buy a whole console to play it. Pretty please, Rockstar, will you do a remaster or at least port it to PC?

    submitted by /u/lord-bailish
    [link] [comments]

    “You alright there girl?” @hyder_ali616

    Posted: 20 Nov 2020 07:40 AM PST

    One of the first pictures of drag racing

    Posted: 20 Nov 2020 11:56 AM PST

    Learn (most) of the alphabet with Arthur Morgan

    Posted: 20 Nov 2020 07:31 AM PST

    Our boahs ��

    Posted: 20 Nov 2020 08:25 AM PST

    My horse burned alive. Damn I loved that horse. RIP Tyrion. You were a good boah.

    Posted: 20 Nov 2020 09:54 AM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment