• Breaking News

    Sunday, December 5, 2021

    Red Dead Redemption Well, I have officially been spoiled. Brand new monitor got me replaying for a 6th time.

    Red Dead Redemption Well, I have officially been spoiled. Brand new monitor got me replaying for a 6th time.


    Well, I have officially been spoiled. Brand new monitor got me replaying for a 6th time.

    Posted: 05 Dec 2021 02:42 PM PST

    I somehow got a 1 cent bounty in story?

    Posted: 05 Dec 2021 03:15 AM PST

    So I was replaying a mission and for some reason Molly spawned dead

    Posted: 05 Dec 2021 08:33 AM PST

    I drew Big Valley in Arthur's drawing style

    Posted: 05 Dec 2021 05:02 AM PST

    Felt pretty, might delete later

    Posted: 05 Dec 2021 07:26 AM PST

    Best finisher on the trapper I’ve ever had.

    Posted: 05 Dec 2021 10:18 AM PST

    Guys, what does this mean? I think the game is trying to tell me something.

    Posted: 05 Dec 2021 11:47 AM PST

    That! View. If you know, you know.

    Posted: 05 Dec 2021 01:38 PM PST

    Playing poker in Valentine and Arthur gets roasted

    Posted: 05 Dec 2021 06:40 AM PST

    Unexpected encounter

    Posted: 05 Dec 2021 12:31 PM PST

    After several years and playthroughs, I finally did it!

    Posted: 05 Dec 2021 01:06 AM PST

    No No No No No No!

    Posted: 05 Dec 2021 12:24 AM PST

    What is this game ?

    Posted: 05 Dec 2021 07:41 AM PST

    Went on a trip around the map enjoying the beauty of this game after a long break. Must be my fav pic yet :)

    Posted: 05 Dec 2021 01:54 PM PST

    It’s all about ambilight

    Posted: 05 Dec 2021 09:59 AM PST

    Red Dead Towns- Snow edition.

    Posted: 05 Dec 2021 09:59 AM PST

    Does anyone else do this at the Saint Denis Hotel?

    Posted: 05 Dec 2021 12:36 AM PST

    Good grief, John

    Posted: 05 Dec 2021 12:02 PM PST

    Last time I felt comfortable at camp, as the game progressed the camp just became more and more uncomfortable to be at. I loved horseshoe overlook, I would spend so much time there, but by the time we got to hollow... man... I was so done.

    Posted: 05 Dec 2021 03:36 PM PST

    Best Photo?

    Posted: 05 Dec 2021 03:58 PM PST

    My Favorite Scenery Shots

    Posted: 05 Dec 2021 11:57 AM PST

    Lawmen will actually stop chasing you and grieve over they’re horse if you kill it

    Posted: 05 Dec 2021 06:04 PM PST

    Playing RDR2 and RDR concurrently and intertwining their stories was one of the best video game storytelling experiences of my life and was able to finally get me to replay RDR after 10 years or so (I put like 300 hours into it between 2010-2011) spoilers

    Posted: 05 Dec 2021 02:08 PM PST

    Ever since RDR2 dropped in 2018 and I completed the main story within 3 weeks I've dreamed of playing the games back to back to tell the complete story of the fall of the Van Der linde gang. I've never been able to, and I couldn't figure out why. I loved the RDR when it released in 2010. It's the only game I've ever 100% completed. Bur something about completing Arthur's emotional journey and then starting John's from square one made it very difficult to complete them both back to back.

    Well this past month, I had vacation holiday time and a 10 day solo quarantine so I've had time. And I came up with an idea to alternate back in forth between the games in a way that made thematic sense to me and avoided one of my biggest pet peeves about playing two games in the same series back to back (going from being a bad ass at the end of one game to a newbie at the beginning of another one with the same character. These were the spots I switched to weave my ideal tale

    (1). I started out with RDR (2010) Briefly, got on the train from blackwater and confronted Bill with John marston. After that ended disastrously I cut to RDR2

    (2) Narrative wise I liked switching to RDR 2 here because it kinda gave some back story to who Bill was and who John was after and what their connection was. From here I played all the way through the end of chapter 2. Because I felt like the introduction of Milton and Ross was a good transition back to John and his mission for Ross.

    (1) Now that we have a little more backstory to the gang John is hunting down and the family he his fighting to save it gave Bill a lot more depth than when I played the game a decade ago and made the hunt more meaningful. Following the assault on Fort Mercer its time to transition again.

    (2) As John just headed south to foreign lands the stories rhyme with the "Outlaws From the West" heading south to a land many aren't familiar with. This is the longest stretch of game I played without switching between games. I played RDR2 all the way up to Arthur's diagnosis and settling into beaver hallow. This really fills out the meat of the story showing how our merry band of outlaws started to fall apart and Arthur's growing distrust of the Dutch and Micah and him and John growing closer as he starts to realize John has to get out.

    (1) I spend the next transition completing all of the Mexico missions all the way up until right before the final confrontation with Javier.

    (2) Here I completed the final Chapter of the main RDR2 story. I felt it was kinda powerful to see the dissolution of the brotherhood right before John brought Javier and Bill to justice and you get the scene of Javier hesitating to draw on John and Arthur which is important later. I also felt it was important to conclude Arthur's story much earlier than John's because so much of Arthur's legacy is sacrificing himself so John could get out of the life and raise a family.

    (1) back to RDR and after bringing Javier to justice and thinking back to his days in the gang which I just played fresh makes that single tear John sheds mean all the more. Here I played right up until before Dutch meets his demise

    (2) I finished the RDR2 Epiloug as a way to slow down the action a bit before the explosive finale and see Dutch save John's life from Micah to give dutch's final descent a little more punch and of course to see how Beechers hope became what it was.

    (1) Back to RDR for the final stretch, with Dutch dead seeing John try to be a rancher and a father on the ranch I just built in RDR2 was super satisfying and watching John die after seeing Arthur give it all to have him live was heartbreaking and of course playing as Jack as he gets revenge on Ross by a lake after meeting him by a lake when he was a child was really great

    Long story short for me these stories work great running them concurrently and if you're like me and struggled to get back into RDR after the masterpiece that was RDR2 something like this could help.

    submitted by /u/Lost_And_Found66
    [link] [comments]

    What Did You Do To Jeremiah Compson?

    Posted: 04 Dec 2021 06:11 PM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment